I was just trying to gobble up an entire plate of bhel poori when I experienced the most painful moment of my life. I just couldn’t have any more of my favorite dish because it was my mouth ulcer that was probing with pain each time something spicy went inside my mouth.
Reluctantly, I resorted myself to all that contained only sugar, water or salt. In short, I was living on a diet which only patients consumed. That was not all. For a week, not only had I difficulty with food but I even had a tough time with talking to people. I was living the life of a dumb person trying to communicate in a sign language. And when my friends couldn’t understand a thing, I was like ‘God save meeeeee’. It was in this instant I realized how hard it must be for the dumb to communicate across and how frustrating when the person opposite doesn’t seem to understand.
And so it went on a week, me trying to battle the mouth ulcer with numerous tips given by my close pals and the google also.
1. Gargle with salt water thrice a day( I did and it just hurt like hell)
2. Change your toothpaste which doesn’t contain sodium laureth sulphate ( I dutifully dumped my toothpaste to get a new one)
3. Consume Vitamin B complex tablets (I did- I can’t write the side effects hereJ)
4. Have ounces of water ( and stay in the loo)
5. Have some age old primitive greens ( which tastes like yuk )
After all this, the ulcer would remain stuck to my mouth hurting me at every possible encounter with food and forcing me to use the sign language as often as possible. Man that was one hell of a week of my life.
Anyway, one night, after the thought of me having mouth cancer crowded my mind, with horrible imagination of dying without reason entered, I knew I had to see the doctor.
The doctor’s visit was one hilarious experience. The doc who seemed not more than 50, dashed out a list of tablets and ointments which burnt a hole of 300 rupees in my pocket. I wouldn’t have worried about the money. What got me worried was that he declared the ulcer as a ‘STRESS ULCER’. I wanted to laugh right away, but I didn’t. I knew I hadn’t taken stress so hard to give myself an ulcer. I wondered then, if stress could give an ulcer, three fourth of the world’s population would have been affected by a mouth ulcer.
It was only after the doc’s visit that I actually developed stress but miraculously the next day, the ulcer started diminishing to my utter surprise. What worked is not known to me but I will never forget the stress ulcer which gave me the utmost stress.
- Texas, United States
- Hi guys out there! Well, stories have been my first love because they make life. We all have stories to talk about, stories untold, stories locked in our hearts. I have been writing stories ever since they influenced me. Here I am with three fiction novels in my kitty. If you have a story you want to talk about, you can always write to me. Here you'll find my blog posts too which are sometimes funny and stupid because I choose to write what prevails within me. About me on a personal note: I love to write at any time. Some day, I want to be the person who creates a tiny difference in the book world. Apart from that, I do have commom interests just like anybody else with an extra tint of passion for books. You can always write to me here firstname.lastname@example.org or check my website here - www.chitalmehta.info