About Me

My photo
Worcester, MASSACHUSETTS, United States
Hi guys out there! Well, stories have been my first love because they make life. We all have stories to talk about, stories untold, stories locked in our hearts. I have been writing stories ever since they influenced me. Here I am with three fiction novels in my kitty. If you have a story you want to talk about, you can always write to me. Here you'll find my blog posts too which are sometimes funny and stupid because I choose to write what prevails within me. About me on a personal note: I love to write at any time. Some day, I want to be the person who creates a tiny difference in the book world. Apart from that, I do have common interests just like anybody else with an extra tint of passion for books. You can always write to me here chitalmehta1987@gmail.com or check my website here - www.chitalmehta.com

Monday, August 22, 2016

Why our recent Olympic feat isn’t just a giant leap for Indian women?

Ever since news reports poured in, covering the achievements of three important women – Sindhu, Sakshi and Dipa made the rounds on Facebook, many have referred to the success as a turning point for Indian women. It’s no doubt that these three women, by their indomitable spirit and courage have created history that will be etched in our hearts forever.

What I truly believe is this – women in our country have been making history since many decades, Indira Gandhi, Kiran Bedi, Mother Teresa, Arundati Roy… the list is endless. There is a story in every woman which makes her influential regardless of whether she creates history or not. In fact, our own mothers are deeply inspiring individuals who have gone to great heights in their lifetime surrounding their families.

I don’t regard the recent success at the Olympics as “women oriented” or paving the way for women to come up front. What this success really offers is this – being passionate is what truly matters at the end of the day. Choosing our dreams over our mundane jobs takes a lot of courage which not every man or woman is capable of.

Not everybody decides to chase their dreams. In fact, most of us lock our dreams far inside our hearts only to be nostalgic about them in our later lives. These young women dared to chase their dreams, they dared to realize them than just visualizing, they dared to show the world what true passion is, they dared to show what it took to become what they were meant to be.

“There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”

The recent spike in a range of wider and broader fields of careers is evident that people are choosing their dreams over mundane jobs. Yet, so many of us simply put aside our dreams letting our fear of failure control us. The biggest blow comes when parents ignore their child’s talent, pressing them to take a path only to earn a few bucks to ensure a risk-free future life.

As they say, “Those who wish to sing a song will always find one. Those who don’t, will always find an excuse.”

Our choices make us. Our passions define us. It is true that dreams always, always come with a big price. But so does a dreamless life. It depends on us, what price are we willing to pay?

I am fascinated by Robert Frost whose famous lines still hold true and will always will,

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

These three women just proved it. 


No comments: