About Me

My photo
Worcester, MASSACHUSETTS, United States
Hi guys out there! Well, stories have been my first love because they make life. We all have stories to talk about, stories untold, stories locked in our hearts. I have been writing stories ever since they influenced me. Here I am with three fiction novels in my kitty. If you have a story you want to talk about, you can always write to me. Here you'll find my blog posts too which are sometimes funny and stupid because I choose to write what prevails within me. About me on a personal note: I love to write at any time. Some day, I want to be the person who creates a tiny difference in the book world. Apart from that, I do have common interests just like anybody else with an extra tint of passion for books. You can always write to me here chitalmehta1987@gmail.com or check my website here - www.chitalmehta.com

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Where is your trash can?



Trash can? Whoever talks about owning a trash can!!! Well, nobody does because trash cans are just part of our daily lives that are used to collect garbage totally not needed inside the house. It so happens that not only our houses get filled with garbage, but our hearts and minds do as well.

Garbage like worry, fear, anger, disappointments, anxiety, sadness – all these are forms of garbage that are piling up in a human heart but needs to be cleaned from time to time. Sometimes, when you talk to people, like a friend, a spouse or a parent, you feel lighter as if the garbage has been removed. But more often than not, it doesn’t work when you try to use another human as your garbage can because the same garbage is going to affect them if they don’t take it lightly.

You know what? There are other garbage cans which you can choose to empty your garbage into. Next time you have the urge to talk to someone and if nobody is around, pick up a paper and a pen, pour out your thoughts, without any editing or cropping. Crumple the paper after you are done. Throw it away. Burn it if it gives you any peace. The paper never asks you any question. Of course, it doesn’t give you a solution as well but, sometimes, we are simply forced to live the questions because we are not ready for answers. All you can do it spill it out on someone or something.

Keeping a private journal where you can write down your thoughts and worries is a great way to get rid of the daily garbage that’s building up within. Choose your garbage can with care because what’s inside you should only be what you let be. There can be no space for trash.

No comments: